These are delicious and a perfect spring bite
Fresh Greens and Chickpea patties served with Greek yoghurt, lemon zest and sprigs of mint and watercress. YUM!
These are so so tasty you must try them. Perfect on their own, as a side or as an appetizer for a party.
Chick Pea, Zucchini and Greens Patties
2 cups Grated Zucchini
1 cup Kale shredded
1/2 cup of Mint shredded
1 400g tin of Chick Peas drained and rinsed well (about 200g after draining)
2 Tablespoons Self Raising Flour
1 Zest of one lemon
Optional garnish - Greek yoghurt, mint sprigs, watercress sprigs and lemon zest.
- Use a stick blender or fork and mush up the chick peas until they are all broken up
- In a large bowl place your Zucchini, Kale, Mint and Lemon zest. Using your hands and give it a mix through
- Fold through the chickpeas
- Sprinkle in the Flour try and evenly spread it out. In another bowl lightly whisk up your two eggs and then pour over your vegetable mix.
- I find using my hands is best give it all a good mix and make sure it is binding. Leave it to rest whilst you get everything ready for cooking.
- Heat up your fry pan or griddle medium/high heat. i just lightly oil. I still drain on paper towel after cooking.
- Spoon or use your hands to make dessert spoon size mounds. gently squeeze to bind and to remove any excess liquid.
- Cook in batches, If it is sticking leave a minute longer. A few minutes each side till they are cooked through.
- Serve warm.
You might also like: