Guest Post by Fast Lane Dad. Kids Easy Fish Curry!
So thrilled to have a fellow Blogger Fast Lane Dad pop over for a guest post!
It gets even better he brought delicious Curry!
Thanks Simon for visiting and sharing this great recipe with us, look forward to testing it out on the family.
Have you ever had the trouble of not being able to make a curry that's anything like your special order from the local takeaway? Or just one that the kids will like?
Fear not ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, I have here THE, tastiest homemade fish curry recipe that will wow the blood thirsty crowds, and the kids too.
Like most parents, there is lots of trouble keeping my 3 boys on a healthy eating regime and getting them to try new foods is another exhausting challenge. So when they tried this taste-bud tantalising curry and screamed for more, I knew I was on to a winner winner chicken dinner...or fish! :D
Kids Easy Fish Curry
1 Large Red/Brown Onion
1 tsp Fresh Ginger paste
2 tsp Fresh Garlic Paste
1 tsp Gound Turmeric
1 tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp Ground Cumin
1 Cinnamon Stick
1 Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
1 Tin of Coconut Milk
1 Fresh Birds Eye Chilli
Fresh coriander for garnish
4 Fish fillets of your choice, I have used Basa for this recipe.
Large non stick pan preferably with a lid.
1) Chop onion finely and saute on a medium heat for a few minutes, making sure they don’t go brown. Then add the garlic and ginger paste and cook for a further few minutes.
2) Whilst the onion garlic and ginger is cooking , combine all spices (Garam masala ,Turmeric,Cumin,Chopped fresh chilli) with a tea- spoon of water to form a paste in a separate bowl. Set aside for later. (use half a chilli if you only want a mild curry)
3) Now add the tin of tomatoes to your onion, ginger and garlic and cook for a few minutes so that mixture is combined.
4) Add in the spice paste to the mixture and cook for around 10 -15 minutes on a low heat with the lid on. This is so that the mixtureis infused with the spices.
5) Now you need to add in the fish, this is always done towards the end, as it doesn’t take very long to cook and we want it to be beauti- fully flakey! Cook for around 5-8 minutes.
6) Lastly once the fish has cooked we can now add in the coconut milk. After adding the milk bring the curry to the boil and then you are now ready to serve!
Now as a small challenge, get your kids to say: Fast Lane Fish Curry as fast as they can :)
Thanks for letting me invade your blog Bel and I hope you all enjoy the curry!
You can keep up with The Fastest Daddy Blogger over on his blog: Fast Lane Dad - Daddy Blog