Paper Poppies are easy to make
These are lovely little flowers that can be made with ease. Perfect for making with children.
We made ours on ANZAC day as a remembrance to those who have fought and do fight for our freedom.
They can be made using any size and colours making them a cute craft for spring or a party.
You will need
- two squares of paper one slightly smaller than the other.
- Circle of paper for the centre
- scissors & glue
How to construct
- Take one square and cut from the outside corner to about 1/2 cm short of the centre.
- Place a dot of glue and then one side of each corner down so you have a pinwheel like in image 1. above.
- Repeat with second square.
- On both pinwheels you want to cut the triangles down to make petals.
- Glue the smaller flower into the middle of the larger one and then glue the centre piece in.
You can add leaves or stick to straws or pipe cleaners to make complete flower.